Saturday, October 30, 2010

Get thee hence Donut!

These luscious confections are my worst enemy.  Without fail, if a box was placed before me, I could eat the entire thing. 

My parents are here this weekend for Halloween, and their weekend ritual with the kids is a trip to Shipley's Donuts -- a local donut shop.  I am preparing myself mentally and physically to withstand temptation.  I can't eat just one...for it will trigger an entire metabolic reaction that induces me to eat thousands.

I've readied my walking gear and headed out for a 3 mile walk.  Hopefully, that will help.

Otherwise, I may have to dump them all in the garbage.

No Excuses update:

I haven't weighed in yet, so I'm not sure how successful I was this week.  After my SOS starvation alert the other night, my state of hunger hasn't been so bad. 

I went out to dinner with my husband and some friends before opening night of Hamlet at The Rep, and ordered a salad/no dressing and a portabella mushroom appetizer.  It was hard to determine the points, but it was very small.

No comments: