Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Struggling


Struggling.

I weighed in last week and had gained a pound.

It really is insignificant in the scheme of things:  It is winter -- it could have been my clothes were a pound heavier than normal, or not. 

But here is my dilemma:  I love to eat, and whether I am counting points or have super, duper willpower, my first inclination is to eat. Everything. In. Sight. 

Until I can solve the mental issue of overeating, I will continue to have this tug of war with myself, my body and food.  And the truth is, I'm not sure how to solve it. Or if you can solve it without massive amounts of psychotherapy. Because simple dieting or calorie reducing, doesn't fix my brain.

My kids are home for winter break, and of course, they want to eat every hour on the hour -- it's worse than having a nursing newborn.  And what happens to me?  I end up eating with them.  Sometimes I wonder if it is even worth the effort of trying to "diet" during the holidays.  We've consumed 3 birthday cakes in the past three weeks.  I've avoided most of them, but not all.  I still have a 1/4 of a lemon cake sitting on my counter from my birthday on Monday and my brain will probably eat it before the day is over.

No comments: